At Thompsons, we understand that planning and creating your wedding list is an exciting time, but it can also be a stressful and daunting task for those setting up their home for the very first time! Our experienced bridal consultant will ensure that every step from the creation to delivery of your list is stress-free and enjoyable by advising you on everything which you will require for your new home.
- Timescale – We recommend that you register and begin creating your list approximately 3-4 months before the date of your wedding, however shorter timescales are also welcome. This time allows us to order any items which you have requested which we may not have in stock at the time of registering your list. On the rare occasion that we are not able to source a particular item for you, we will contact you to choose a suitable alternative – we promise to never send a substitute gift without your prior consent.
- Colour & Style – Before coming to your complimentary bridal consultation, take some time to consider the styles and colours that you would like in your new home. Think about any furniture or items you already have and we can help co-ordinate these with any new items you choose. Our bridal consultant has much experience in interior design and will be on hand to provide inspiration and expertise.
- Informing your guests – It can be awkward to hint to your guests that you will be having a prescribed gift list, let us eradicate this by requesting some of our complimentary cards. These cards are perfect to slip into your invitations, discreetly mentioning your gift list details,our contact information and website address.
Visit us in-store and enjoy browsing and selecting gifts from our extensive range of quality products. Our experienced staff are always ready to help and advise you on your choices. Here are our top tips for creating the perfect wedding list at Thompsons:
- Ensure your guests have plenty of time to select and buy a gift – three to four months prior to your wedding date is ideal.
- An appointment is unnecessary, however weekends are popular so think about calling in on a weekday if possible or calling to arrange in advance.
- Treat your wedding list as your wish list – think about updating your existing homeware and include any items that you have always wanted.
- Remember to include a selection of prices – friends and family may want to share the cost of a larger item.
- Ensure you have enough gifts for your guests to choose from – it’s better to have too many than too little!
- If you have a particular item or brand in mind and would like to include these items on your list, please do not hesitate to ask one of our experienced staff members. We have contacts with a vast number of suppliers and therefore we may be able to order items specifically for your list, even if we don’t usually keep them in-store!
Once you have completed compiling your list, our Wedding Consultant will review and register your list. After this, your list will be available for your guests to view online and also in-store. If you change your mind regarding any items or you wish to add more to your wedding list then simply call the store and our Bridal Consultant will arrange any updates required.
How to set-up your online wedding list
- Register as a user
- Select ‘CREATE YOUR WEDDING LIST’ in the Weddings section.
- Fill out all the compulsory fields to successfully create your wedding list.
- Select ‘Go Shopping’ and browse our catalogue of items.
- When you see a gift you would like to add, click ‘Add to Wedding List’.
- Then continue shopping until you have filled your wedding list for your guests to choose from.
- Our wedding team will be in contact with you to discuss delivery arrangements etc.
In order to create your wedding list with Thompsons, you must be a registered user, please login or register as a user